Saturday, February 5, 2011

Weaning away from FB

I am beginning the work of weaning myself from FB. First, there is the work of letting people know about the blog so they can follow the canvassing miracles and mission miracles. Then there is the work of collecting a mailing list for those that God may use to fund the mission schools. Then there is the work of making sure that my FB friends from Audioverse and GYC know that I love and value them even if I don't have time to interact with them on a personal level. (How can this be done!?)

And there is the internal work. I really look forward to those comments and "likes" that I am about to divorce myself from. I feel literally sentimental. And if Heidi read this she would get a big smile and hug me. She loves those rare moments when sentiment leaks out of me.

Today I announced at the Arkadelphia church that we would be leaving. We started that church plant from scratch just six years ago. To see it as a functioning and faithful body, is so rewarding. And like Paul, we expect to keep in touch with this church and to visit it when God allows.

This process of leaving is ... complicated in an emotional way.