Friday, February 4, 2011

My first blog

My first blog will be from this weeks canvassing. As a replacement for Facebook, I hope this will be a source of light without being anything else.

Be faithful,
Eugene
---
Greetings from Tennessee!
Yesterday morning, Lizbeth and I were dropped off to work a street.  My first business was a large grocery store.  I walked in a soon found the two managers, neither of whom were very interested.  I was just leaving when I noticed a young lady (obviously an employee) smoking on the bench outside the store.  I knew I could pass her by, for she, too, was a child of God in need of hope.  When I began canvassing her, she took an immediate interest in the books, and decided to get Peace Above the Storm and God’s Answers to Your Questions.  Praising God for that divine appointment, I canvassed the next store, then decided to quickly walk through the parking  lot before leaving the plaza.  To my surprise, I saw the lady who had just bought the two books running toward me.  “Can you please come back?” she began. “We have been looking all over for you.  The ladies in the kitchen saw my books, and they want books too!”  I quickly followed her back into the store, where the ladies greeted me enthusiastically.  Quite a few of them decided to get books, but there was one lady, Charlotte, who I will not forget.  After the other ladies left, she came up to me and asked if she could see the book on peace.  As I handed it to her, she began, right in the store, to tell me her story.  “You have no idea of the storms I am going through in my life, and things are just getting worse....just yesterday, I was in a bad wreck.  My car blew a tire and I completely lost control.”  She continued telling me how amazingly how her car seemed guided within inches of fatal ditches or trees.  She knew it was a miracle that she was still alive and could work.  But still she was in the midst of a storm,  with her finances, relationships, and other things.  “I was just praying yesterday, `Oh, God help me find peace.  Help me somehow.`  Then my co-worker came in and I saw the title Peace Above the Storm.  It could not have been coincidence.”  Tears streamed down her face as she continued: “I told the ladies to run and find you somehow, but at first they looked and said they could not find you anywhere.  I know that God brought you back.”  
I began showing her the chapters in the book, and read a few encouraging quotes.  I could feel God’s presence there.  Before I left, she gave a big hug and told me again how much it meant to her that I came back.  I hope and pray that I can stay in contact with her.  God works in mysterious ways his wonders to perform....
"All over the world men and women are looking wistfully to heaven. Prayers and tears and inquiries go up from souls longing for light, for grace, for the Holy Spirit. Many are on the verge of the kingdom, waiting only to be gathered in."  {AA 109.1} 
 
Heaven's blessings to you all!
Jennita